Follow what is happening at St Jago by visiting our online calendar at http://calendar.stjago.com. Recommend events to be added to the calendar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Schools' Challenge Quiz team plays their quarter-final match on Tuesday, March 22. They are still on camp at the school. ref: Follow quiz http://tags.stjago.com/?id=9
Also the Quiz Team sends Happy Birthday to Head Coach Shawn Henry who celebrates his birthday on Firday, March 18. They will spend the day in training. http://profile.stjago.com/shawn.henry
Grace Shield Cricket Schedule
Our Male and Female U-19 Volleyball teams both qualified for the Finals by winning their Semi-Final matches today at the UWI Bowl. The girls beat Old Harbour 3:1 and the boys beat Wolmers 3:0. We do not yet know when the Finals will be played.
We have done quite well in the 4H competition. We came first in Agro-processing and Project Display, and third in Meal Preparation. Our project display included needle work, crochet, tie and die, art work etc. Ms Craig and Mrs Perier are in charge of the club.
Other Sports and Competitions
- Girls’ Football has been doing extremely well. Their last match was called off due to rain.
- We are also doing well in Badminton, Chess and Table Tennis.
- Spanish Quiz Team will play the national round on Friday, March 18.
- Zavion Edwards (student) advanced tot eh national level of the Optimist Oratorical Competition.
- Drama Festival (regional) on Friday March 18.
All Batch Reunion 2011
You are invited to our all batch reunion and to take along the entire family. Read more about it here http://calendar.stjago.com?id=89 (reunion website www.allstjagoreunion.com)
General items in order of priority:
- P.A. System - $482,000
- Asphalting Driveway around school - $1.5m
- Termite Treatment - $350,000 (Does not include replacement of roofing and other material)
- Ceiling of Main Block - $3m
- Raising Front Wall - $2m ($8m for entire wall around school)
- Replacing Classroom Windows - $$4.2m ($700,000/block)
- Additional Teachers - $4.4m (3 teachers for special academic programmes that the MoE will not fund as they are over our quota)
- $4,000/month/student for meals (approximately 100 still not covered)
- $25,000 - Double-mike portable system
Sports Related Items:
URGENT! - $1.6M for the Penn Relays and $500,000 for Champs. We do not yet have seats to Penns as we had to give up the Air Ja. seats because we couldn't meet the deadline for payment of the deposit. The Champs figure includes 3 meals for 5 days for about 130 students and 20 coaches and chaperones, plus 24-hr security for 2 venues.
Our team is twice the size of most other school teams, so we have to work harder to raise funds.
Plans in the making
- Possible PUMA Reaction this summer
- July Summer Fete.
- Manning Cup training about to start
- School needs a PA system and cordless microphones
- Founder's Day / Reunioin day (April 19, 2011) more information will be posted shortly. All past students are invited.
View our email policy, report unsolicited mail or unsubscribe from this list: click here.
Please keep St Jago always in your thoughts and in your prayers.
SJHS PSA Secretariat,
March 18, 2011
Website. : http://www.stjago.com